The Caravan Park at Hobart Showgrounds, Elwick Tasmania is the closest camping area, being just 15 minutes north of Hobart CBD and a 2-minute walk to public transport. All pets are welcome; bookings must be made online or via the office during business hours. This park is closed annually during the Royal Hobart Show, which is held in the 3rd week of October. The Hobart Caravan Park, and Elwick Showgrounds is within walking distance to medical facilities, retailers, shopping facilities, restaurants, a cinema complex, a library, and a swimming pool. This caravan park near Hobart can accommodate tents, slide-ons, motorhomes, 5th wheelers, and caravans. Tent-only camping is offered. The park has full shower facilities, a toilet, and laundry facilities. There is a dump point on site. Powered sites are available; there is safe bike access to Hobart via the Hobart cycle track. The park is close to MONA museum, Cadbury Factory, the Royal Hobart Botanical Gardens and Salamanca Market. To enter the park if travelling North from Hobart on the Brooker Highway, turn into Howard Road at the Howard Road Roundabout (right next to Bunnings). Turn right into the Showground main entrance and proceed to Administration Building. The office is open 8am-6pm – Monday to Friday. If the Administration Building is closed, use the online booking system or find your way to a motorhome volunteer.
- 10 minutes north of Hobart CBD, a 2-minute walk to public transport
- All pets welcome - rules apply
- Bookings now must be made online or via the office during business hours
- Walking distance to medical facilities, major retailers, shopping facilities, restaurants, Village Cinema complex, library, swimming pool, internet café, and numerous other activities
- Can accommodate tents, slide-ons, motorhomes, 5th-wheelers and caravans
- Full shower, toilet, and laundry facilities.
- Token Machine, $2 per token = 5-minute shower
- Dump Point On-Site
- Powered sites available
- Safe bike access to Hobart via the Hobart Cycle track
- Ideal for public transport access to: MONA, Botanical Gardens, Salamanca Market, River Cruises, Cascade Brewery. Tours, day trips to Tahune Airwalk, Derwent Valley, Richmond, the Coal River Wine Region, and Port Arthur
- The Hobart Showground Motorhome Park is available for bookings most of the year (the park closes in October for the Royal Hobart Show).
- Cost-effective and very competitive rates.